I am delighted to have been interviewed for a second time on John Rouda’s Leadership podcast. In this conversation, we talked about how today’s crisis has impacted the way we show up for work and lead our teams.
- Learning more about your employees.
- Finding peace and quiet within your home to create a healthy work space.
- Opening dialogue with your employees; connecting beyond the work.
- Being extremely clear on current priorities.
- Listening to your team and reducing pressures and burdens where possible.
- Taking note of those who are thriving in this environment and finding ways to help them continue to do so when it is over.
- Being adaptable.
- Ensuring that your employees know their value and purpose.
- Communicating more often and with greater clarity.
- Taking a Strategic Pause to assess: Where is the business today and where are we heading?
- Controlling the thing you can. Influencing where you can. Accepting and adapting to circumstances beyond your control.
You can hear the entire podcast here.
In the coming weeks, I will continue to provide you with advice to help you successfully lead your organization through these difficult times. Please email me with additional topics you’d like me to address. Call anytime you need me. I’d be glad to hear from you.
Four Ways I Can Help You Right Away
If you’d like my help in navigating today’s challenges and setting course for tomorrow, send me an email or give me a call. Together, we can explore ways to improve and dramatically accelerate your results.
Some of my latest offerings include:
1.Strategic Advisor to the CEO and Executive Team. If you’d like an objective thought partner with whom you can discuss matters of leadership, strategy, team dynamics, and leading through change, you’ll want to consider this approach. You’ll have me on speed dial to discuss opportunities and challenges in real time—to make your best decisions today and thoughtfully strategize for tomorrow.
2.Slow Down to Speed Up® Toolkit. It’s never been more important to equip your team with the right tools for performance. I will work directly with your team, using my proprietary approach, and provide them with a pragmatic framework to enhance decision-making, collaboration, delegation, communication, and prioritization. With the Slow Down to Speed Up® toolkit at their disposal, your group will perform better, lead with confidence, and drive better business outcomes.
3.Sentient Strategy®. I will work closely with you and your team to develop the kind of strategy that meets today’s challenges head-on, while creating meaningful progress toward realizing your vision. Over the course of a full-day session (with a bit of targeted pre- and post-work), or two half-day remote sessions, we will pinpoint your top three growth drivers and put them to the test. Accountability for implementation is a key part of the process.
4.Slow Down to Speed Up® Briefings for New Leaders. I have to give credit to one of my favorite clients for this great idea. After I provided two keynote addresses for the Northrop Grumman Management Club, they told me they’d decided to host a five-week book club featuring Slow Down to Speed Up: Lead, Succeed, and Thrive in a 24/7 World. It was a creative, engaging, high impact way to provide their people with my SDTSU tools for success. I can help you do the same for your organization.
To your continued health, wellness, and steadfast leadership.