There are five common types of change, often quite disruptive, that I see my clients in all industries dealing with today:
- Mergers, acquisitions and integrations.
- A new CEO, leadership team, or changing of the board.
- Regulatory pressures.
- Dynamic shifts in the marketplace.
Here are three things that help every leader drive change successfully:
- Timely, transparent, balanced communication.
- Thoughtfully scanning the environment for rumors, anxieties and disruptions to productivity.
- Providing genuine reassurance that employees and customers will always come first.
When you learn how to mitigate the disruption inherent in major change, you exponentially increase organizational buy-in and minimize resistance that can stop progress in its tracks.
You can read more about controlling what you can control in the face of change by using my Control, Influence, Adapt tool (CIA) here, or watch a short video explaining: how taking the time to be thoughtful, strategic, and deliberate helps leaders get better, more sustainable results
#slowdowntospeedup #leadsucceedandthrive #strategicleadership
To your continued success!
PS: I’d love to know, what’s your biggest challenge in leading through change? What can I write about to help you today?
Liz’s expert insight, straightforward style and personable nature is why she is so good at what she does.
– Suzann Schiller, Executive VP, Strategic Collaborations Cello Health Communications
To learn more about a host of pragmatic tools for success, read my new book. Slow Down to Speed Up®: Lead, Succeed, and Thrive in a 24/7 World is a powerful resource for leaders from the C-Suite to the front line. Filled with innovative new approaches, pragmatic tools, and real-life success stories, SDTSU tackles the universal challenge of achieving better, faster, more sustainable results in a world of non-stop demands and constant connectivity. Get your copy today!